52 Facets of A Real Woman, Wake Up, Break Out and Shine, is a book I co-authored that will be published soon. The teaching in this book is a combination of love, suffering, renewal and pure truth of how women choose to express themselves and live their lives. This book and the workshops associated with it will allow women to put their head on the pillow each night with no regret of what was said or done during that day AND the confidence and peace that her choices the next day will be her best as she stays in the moment of the present. Please consider these 5 Ways to Be and Stay Empowered as a Real Woman:
- Don’t take things personally. From the moment you get up in the morning outside stimulus begin to affect your day, your mood and virtually how you do everything – what spirit you live from each day is sadly dictated by what is going on around you. You can positively stop this from happening by NOT taking things personally. When something goes wrong – it is not because you are doing it – it is simply because something did not go as it needed to go in order for the project to be successful. Yes, it may have been a choice that you made – but it is what it is – lamenting over a not so perfect choice cannot change the outcome. If someone says something to you that pushes one of you buttons – take a deep breath and realize that 100% of the time something that someone says to you is truly all about them. Take note of this – because when you lash out with something about someone else I promise you what you say can be directed back to something that is bothering you about yourself – if it weren’t you would not have said it at all. Remember the saying “If you can’t say something nice – don’t say anything at all”? Live by that for a day – could be a challenge – but again I promise it will change your day – change your life.
- Speak from a place of love. This may sound a little corny – but honestly when you speak with an intention of love you can say almost anything and it will be received in a good, safe, peaceful way. Remember to always think, if this were being said to me – how would I like to hear it? Any type of message can be conveyed in love and received in a way that is pure, giving and actually really be helpful to the development of that person receiving the message. Make sense? Whenever I feel that is would be beneficial to share something that could be taken the wrong way by the recipient I start by saying “I am saying this in love”….then continue on with what I am feeling. It has worked beautifully with communication with my husband – we know that if we hear the words “I am saying this in love” the claws of defense can stay at bay…it diffuses any triggers that normally would fire up.
- Learn to Accept Help with Grace. Success is sometimes measured by doing the entire project alone. Accepting help can be labelled as a sign of weakness, that you can’t handle the project or situation. That couldn’t be further from the truth. A Real Woman reaches out for help. She knows that giving someone a helping hand feels so good and fulfilling. Why would she deny someone that feeling? By accepting help A Real Woman is allowing the other person to feel good about themselves and the bonus is she is getting her project done and preserving some of her energy for other things. “A Real Woman says you can help me when I’m down – just don’t pick me up.” (from 52 Facets of a Real Woman)
- Do Your Best for Today. Every day is different. Your quality of sleep, hours of sleep, items on your to-do list….that being said your best will be different every day. A Real Woman does not set expectations for herself that could send her into a tail spin at the end of the day because of not accomplishing everything she did the day before. Your energy level is different every day – could change from minute to minute. Learn to be compassionate with yourself. When a child is learning to walk do you encourage them to give up after they fall a few times? No you cheer them on after each fall – knowing full well they will accomplish walking – it is just different every day. Learn to not set unrealistic expectations – accept what it is that your best is every day. One of my favorite quotes – “The secret to having everything you want – is believing you already do”. Priceless to live by this.
- Gratitude is the best attitude. Before your feel hit the floor each morning – have a moment or two of gratitude. The universe responds very well to a grateful spirit. Thank you for the air I breath, thank you for the food I eat, thank you for the warmth of this bed, thank you for the experiences I will have today, thank you for the life I have, thank you for the person I am, thank for the person I will be today – gratefulness works – it really works. Try it!!